Monday, February 10, 2014

In the studio with... Qube





I am Kristi Lee, owner & designer of Qube Clothing; quality, hand made clothing for women. I grew up on Salt Spring Island, B.C but now live and work in Vancouver, B.C. 
Thrive: What got you started on this creative path and how long have you been at it?
K: I took sewing lessons when I was young to learn basic techniques. When I moved to Vancouver I was in an accident that forced me out of my routine. While I was recovering I revisited my passion for sewing. I started altering clothing, then began to create dresses. I've been sewing and designing for around 3 years now.

T: What is your favorite thing about being a business owner? 

K: My favorite thing about being a business owner is having full creative control of everything. From creation to completion it is up to me. 

T: Explain your creative process.

K: Find fabric, come up with a design, then go for it. As I do not sketch, I tend to just dive into each project,  through trial and error I find a way to make it GREAT!

T: What keeps you motivated?

K: The people around me keep me motivated. Everyone is doing exactly what they want to be doing, and are thriving! It's so inspirational for me and makes me want to push Qube as hard as possible.

T: When the sky is falling and work is overwhelming what do you do to relive stress?
K: I look to the people I mentioned above, they always give me the optimism, the courage and the knowledge to continue on. As well as just being in the studio with the tunes cranked- that always relieves stress
T: What song are you listening to RIGHT now? 
K: Professional by The Weeknd
T: What was the last movie that you watched? 
K: Gravity
T: Favourite thing about your studio space?  

K: The windows, the view, the imperfections, the smell, the sound, the crazy anxious/excited feeling I get every time I step foot in there. 

T: Whats the best advice that you have been given? 
K: Be Brief and brilliant (I can be a bit of a rambler ;))
T: Thanks Kristi for stopping by to share your story! You're such a great girl with a awesome vision! Keep going!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...