Thursday, August 28, 2014

In The Studio With... Indigo Pixie

Indigo Pixie of Art By Indigo is not just a summer volunteer here at Thrive lifestyle but she is also an extremely talented up and coming artist. About to enter highschool Indigo is an extremely unique, definitely an artist to keep your eyes open for. 

Thrive: What started you on your creative path and how long have you been at it?

Indigo: I have always liked to draw; I have been drawing and making art for as long as I can remember. It mostly started as tornados and scribbles. I remember the first person I drew looked like a potato. As I got older I began to use drawing as a method of impressing people drawing mostly chibis, but as I got older I began to really love doing it.

I started making cards last summer for the Saturday Market, but now they are making a comeback! Besides making cards, I also make t-shirts, bowties, and snuffies (dead “snuffed” animals).  I can be found most Saturdays at the markets selling whatever crazy thing I have thought up that week. 

T: Favorite thing about your studio space? 

I: My bedroom and Thrive are my studio spaces. In my room I have a table made for me by my grandpa for my crafts and sewing. I try to keep my drawing supplies and my sewing supplies organized, but it all ends up mixed up. 
I’ve filled my room with things that inspire me, and lots of colour, to help me when I’m working on my art. 

T: What music do you play in your studio to get you in the creative mood? 

I: I choose to listen to fast paced music, something to keep me pumped while I’m creating. Right now I like Foster the People and Grimes. I like listening to Grimes because of her ability to use her voice as an instrument along with her lyrics. She also has an incredibly funky sense of style. 

Indigo's mini cards that can be found on the counter at Thrive Lifestyle. $3 each

T: Where do you get your Inspiration?

I: I love Adventuretime, Pendleton Ward, the creators is one of my favorite animators. I like the styles they use; I feel it is similar to the way I draw.

I really like to come up with my own ideas, but when I am unsure what to draw I ask the people around me, Zoe and Jess have been a big help, as well as my mom, dad and big sister Alix. 

I found a lot of my inspiration for my current cards from being in Thrive. I tried to use aspects from around the store in my drawings. But my cat Mountain will always be my true mew-use. 


T: What is your favourite place in the world? 
I: Hawaii, it is beautiful, smells good, and is the sand is soft and without rocks. Although, I could do without the centipedes. Also my school, because of all the people I like being around my friends. 

Find Indigo's products on the Thrive website here.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...